Thursday, October 30, 2014

First scratchbuilt warehouse

Hi all.

I had to start building things to my layout.

So this is the first warehouse, that will be served by rail, but also to set the cars for a op session. This side of the layout is meant to be the fiddle yard.

This is the first four wall building I ever made from scratch and I happy with the results. I still need to build the canopy, but the main building is almost done. I also need to do is the concret platform. I don't like what I have done so far... it's a Work In Progress!!! :)

I used Evergreen V-Groove pattern for the walls, laminated with plain styrene. This was to give some strenght to the walls. Next, I've done the rolling gates using Metal Siding, also from Evergreen.

All was painted with Vallejo Model Air, using the airbrush (Just love to paint with this tool). After all was painted and glued together, I finished the roof with some fine N scale ballast.

When I get to build the canopy, I'll also add some black show boxes to the doors, so that I can also add some figures and some details bits like crates and boxes, without having to do too much interior detail.



Olá a todos.

Tive que começar a construir qualquer coisa para a maqueta.

Comecei por fazer um armazém, que será servido pela ferrovia, mas também para preparar vagões para uma sessão de operação. Este lado da maqueta é suposto ser uma gare "fantasma" mas con decoração.

Esta foi a primeira estrutura que construí de raíz, com quatro paredes, e fiquei feliz com os resultados. Ainda preciso de construir o telheiro, assim como a plataforma. Não estou a gostar do efeito até agora, é um trabalho em progresso!!! :)

Usei folhas Evergreen com o V-Groove para as paredes em metal, laminadas com placas lisas. Fiz isto para dar alguma rigidez ás paredes. Usei Metal Siding para os portões.

Pintei tudo com as tintas Vallejo Model air, com aerógrafo. Terminei o telhado com balastro em Escala N. 

Quando conseguir construir o telheiro, vou também acrescentar umas caixas escuras às portas, de forma a que possa acrescentar algum detalhe e movimento, sem ter que acrescentar muito detalhe interior à estrutura.

The warehouse still waiting to be painted / O armazém à espera de ser pintado

Painting is done / Pintura feita

Roof done / Telhado concluído

The warehouse on the layout. Don't now if the platform will be this one... / O armazém na maqueta. AInda não sei se será esta a plataforma que vai ficar...

Best wishes.

No comments: