Sunday, September 7, 2014

Benchwork complete!!

Hi all.

The benchwork is now complete. Thanks to my father's teachings, I can do some wood work. It's not that perfect, but it's always something that I like to do.

So, total size of the layout will be, for now, 2922 x 400 mm, with the tracks at 1000mm from the floor. Not the perfect height (should be between the arm pit and the elbow), but it's what I can manage on the space I have.

I built the benchwork in a modular style, but I still need the alignment dowels. C&L Finescale have them in metal, but they are expensive. I need to find a cheaper source. Now let's see what I have done this weekend.

Olá a todos.

A estrutura está completa. Graças aos ensinamentos do meu pai, posso trabalhar a madeira, com algum à vontade. Não está perfeito, mas é sempre algo que gosto de fazer.

O layout está, neste momento, com 2922 x 400mm, com a via a 1000mm do chão. A medida correcta deveria se entre a axila e o cotovelo, mas é o que posso fazer no espaço que tenho.

Construí a estrutura de forma modular, mas ainda necessito das ferragens de alinhamento. A C&L Finescale tem em metal, mas são caros. Preciso de encontrar uma fonte mais económica. Vamos ver então o que fiz durante este fim de semana.


The layout in its full extension / O layout na sua extensão total

Other view / Outra vista

The support frame for the smaller 900mm module / A estrutura de suporte para a parte de 900mm do layout

T-Nuts for fast assembly / Porcas de orelha para montagem rápida

Shelf to keep the module stored / Prateleira para guardar o módulo.
This is it for now. Please feel free to contact me using Facebook.

No comments: