Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Grain elevator... ?!

Hi all.

Nothing important has been done these last few days. Just started to plan grain elevator, using the models I have available in Europe that have to be "kitbashed", and perhaps I'll have to do some scratchbuilding as well.

I am also planning some that is not that usual here in Portugal, to my knowledge. I am going to do my own railroad company, based on the Atlantic side of the US. Why? Because there's a lot of engines that I like, and it is impossible to have them all on the same layout in a realistic way. So, starting my own shortline railroad, I can assume that the company purchased a lot of motive power in 2nd hand. This way I can have GP's, SD's, F's and Alcos.. :) Besides having my own livery, I can also have some original liveries, but patched with the road number for my company.

Let's see what happens. But first, let's get to the photos.

Olá a todos.

Não há muito a reportar. Apenas comecei a planear o elevador de cereais, usando modelos que existem aqui na Europa, que necessitam de alterações, e talvez tenha que fazer algum "scratch".

Também estou a planear algo que eu saiba, não é muito usual aqui em Portugal. Vou criar a minha companhia de caminhos de ferro, baseada no lado do Atlântico dos Estados Unidos. Porquê? Porque existem muitas locomotivas que eu gosto, e que é impossível colocá-las todas no layout de forma realística. Assim, ao fundar uma companhia que opera numa linha secundária, posso assumir que esta linha adquiriu várias locomotivas em 2ª mão. Desta forma posso ter GPs, SDs, Fs e Alcos. :) Além de algumas terem a minha própria cor, posso também ter algumas locomotivas com as cores originais, e apenas renumeradas para a minha companhia.

Vamos ver o que acontece. Vamos às fotos.



I purchased two Faller 120260 kits, so make the silos for the grain elevator. Started to build them tonight.
Aquiri dois kits Faller 120260 para construir os silos para o elevador de cereais. Comecei a construção hoje.


The for silos built, but not ready, The models aren't that good, and need some work.
Os quatro silos construídos, mas não estão construídos. Os kits necessitam de algum trabalhos, pois não são assim tão bons.






I also have playing with sounds. A small layout like this asks for locomotives with sound. Here is a KATO RS-2, with a Loksound Micro V4.0
Também estive a "brincar" com sons, pois um layot deste tamanho "chora" por locomotivas com som. Aqui fica uma KATO RS-2 com um Loksound Micro V4.0

Best wishes.

No comments: